Strasbourg literally means "cross roads". The mix of German and French cultures and religions. Catholic (bishops), protestant and Jewish influences are still present today. On this tour you will feel and see how this developed over the centuries.
- Walking and boat tour combined.
- Visit the Munster cathedral and astronomical clock.
- Enjoy walking along the covered bridges and old houses and shops in the "la Petite France" area.
- Visit catholic and protestant churches, like the St. Pierre le Jeune et le Vieux and the Eglise St. Thomas
|Participants||Minimum of 2 persons per group - maximum of 10 persons per group|
|Languages||English, French, German, Dutch|
You pay 1 group price and get 1 ticket for your private group.
You have to be in good walking condition. The total walking distance is about 5, 3 km or 3,3 miles
Office de Tourisme, Place de la Cathédrale, Strasbourg, France
Offered byJoliSoleil Wine tours
• We start our day with a canal cruise of about 70 minutes.
• We will walk by the Rohan palace.
• Then we will visit the Munster cathedral and the astronomical clock. I will share some nice anecdotes with you here.
• We walk along the city hall, the Rhine palace, military buildings and other famous villas
• You will visit a number of catholic and protestant churches, like the St. Pierre le Jeune et le Vieux and the Eglise St. Thomas.
• We will pass by the National Theatre, the library and the Opera (where Mozart performed)
• Along the way we will enjoy a lunch.
• We will see the mausoleum of Kleber, a favorite army general of Napolean
• We will end your tour walking by the "covered bridges" and an ancient "ice factory"
• You will enjoy to look at the old houses and shops in the "la Petite France" area walking back (greeting Gutenberg) to the Cathedral.